Monday, November 16, 2009

Mmmm Bacon


I was watching Top Chef (on DVR) last night and they were in Las Vegas cooking up delicious breakfast food. It made me want to go to Vegas or eat a gourmet, hearty breakfast, or better yet both. The yummy looking food and beautiful presentation made me think further about a breakfast for the out-of-town guests and wedding party the morning after the wedding.

Oh, wouldn't it be lovely, to wake up to a bloody mary bar with little towers of fluffy pancakes and crispy bacon ... I better stop, I am making myself very hungry. I have heard of venues throwing these in for free in this economy to get people to book or to spring for the open bar. My aunt also offered to throw a breakfast for us at my house and it is tempting, because she is an amazing cook. However, I would feel bad having her do all that just for my bacon craving. I don't want a gift opening so I am not sure what people would do to entertain themselves. I guess talk, reminisce about the previous night and laugh. I suppose it could be like a more relaxing version of the rehearsal dinner. This idea will require more thought.


2 comments:

  1. We had a mroning after get together. I was surprised at how many people had already had their pictures developed (or if you will have cameras available for people to use, ask someone you trust to see that thye get developed right away at a one-hour photo shop that morning)that we could already look back at our big night! It was great.

    ReplyDelete